Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Science of Learning, Boredom, Curiosity & Video Games

If you have attended any of my workshops or read my blog entries you have probably learned that I am a big advocate of engaging students by using multimedia, technology and project based learning. Today I stumbled upon this video by Judy Willis were she explains her discoveries, as a neurologist turned educator. Willis decided that she wanted to find out why there was an increase in students being refered to her for ADD and other neurological problems, and to do so she became a teacher. In this video she explains her findings on "the science of boredom, lessons learned from video games, how to capture student attention, and the most important lessons for 21st-century learning." I hope you find her research as insightful as I did. You can find out more information about Judy Willis on her site Radteach.com.

1 comment:

  1. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    Lol elo

    ReplyDelete